It’s a combination of Ultimate Frisbee and Basketball. Like Ultimate, there’s no moving with the ball and you score by passing into the end zone. However, you are using a basketball and ideally, are playing 5-on-5.
In summary, teams try and move the ball down the court and pass the ball into the end-zone for a point. The game emphasizes accurate passing, and ball movement. Because there are a lot of turnovers, it’s also a good cardio-vascular activity.
- Pass an object to a moving partner (e.g., using a chest pass, bounce pass, two-hand overhead pass, one-hand) overhead pass) for distance and accuracy
Number of players required:
- Two teams of 5-10 players per team, depending on size of the playing surface and/or class
- The games can take place in a gymnasium or on a field. The playing surface must have clear end zones (for scoring) and pinnies (to distinguish the teams).
Rules and/or directions needed to play the game:
- No dribbling with the ball. Only passing to move the ball down the court.
- Pass the ball into end-zone to score.
Modifications: ensure that
- everyone touches the ball before you can score (this obviously works easier with 5 players per team than 10).
- ensure that you pass the ball at least once before you score.
- ensure that someone of each sex touches the ball before scoring.
WLU, EU 463, Health & Phys-ed teachable course. 2009.