To meet a demand from Canadian teachers, the Canadian Red Cross developed a new school prevention program that complements Expect the Unexpected™. The Facing Fear™ program is designed to help young people aged 5 to 16 deal with the aftermath of a terrorist attack or a tragic event by addressing the following topics:
- feelings management;
- the media’s role and impact on the development of perceptions;
- international humanitarian law.
- Module 1, for students aged 5-7, (PDF, 471kb);
- Module 2, for students aged 8-10, (PDF, 312kb);
- Module 3, for students aged 11-13, (PDF, 783kb);
- Module 4, for students aged 14-16, (PDF, 469kb).
If you have any questions, feedback or technical difficulties, please call us at 613-740-1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.