Geography: World in Balance – Global Population Growth
Human Numbers through Time:
Answer the questions on this Word doc: World-Population-Through-Time.doc
- What was the global population 2000 years ago?
- When did the global population decline? Why?
- In 1800, where did 65% of the population live? What percentage lived in North America?
- What year was the 2 billionth baby born?What was happening with health care at this time?
- In the 1960s, population hit it’s growth peak. How quickly was it growing?
- Between 1974 and 1987, how much did the global population increase by ?
- 1999: What percentage of the population live in Latin America? North America? Asia?
- What is the projected global population for 2050? Where will most of that growth happen? (click “See Graph”)