There’s one month left to enter in this the EatRight Ontario Kids Recipe Challenge! (Deadline is December 15, 2014).
Hey kids! Do you get excited about helping out in the kitchen? Send us your favourite breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or dessert recipes and you have a chance to win some great prizes!
Click here for the Entry Form so you can submit your delicious recipes!
Who can enter
Ontario students in grades 1 to 8.
Enter as often as you like. Submit each entry on a separate Official Entry Form
What to do
Create an original, kid-friendly recipe for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or dessert. Recipes may be in English or French.
Recipes will be judged on:
- Originality: Submit your most unique recipe with interesting ingredients! Recipes from different cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
- Nutrition: Recipes should include foods from Canada’s Food Guide such as vegetables, fruit, lower fat milk or alternatives, whole grains, leaner meats or alternatives and legumes.
- Taste: Interesting flavour combinations are encouraged.
- Response to the question “Why would kids like this recipe?” (100 words or less)
You have a chance to win great prizes like iPod products, gift cards and cookbooks! Winners in each category (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert) will be selected for a grand prize, 2nd and 3rd place prize.
Monday, December 15, 2014.
Tips for a winning entry!
- We are looking for truly original recipes! Choose unique ingredients and cooking methods. What new recipes could EatRight Ontario use?
- Test your recipe with family and friends. If they like how it tastes then the EatRight Ontario judges probably will too!