The successful candidate
- will be a highly energetic and motivated candidate who has experience planning, implementing and carrying out social activities with the purpose of creating a memorable team atmosphere.
- will plan activities, such as outdoor experiences, cooperative activities, local outings, off-site trips, sports and more.
- will act as part of a team of four chaperones, staying at Wilfrid Laurier University’s residences from July 9th to July 26th, 2015 with our students and help to create a “time of your life” experience for the participants.
Knowledge of physics is not a requirement for this position. To learn more view the job posting online.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head Chaperone and ISSYP Program Coordinator, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome students and plan orientation events
- Lead or attend social activities as a mentor and role model
- Supervise off site trips to Sudbury (SNOLAB) and Niagara falls
- Manage sports equipment for games in the gym or courtyard
- Maintain bulletin boards and white boards with current camp information
- Maintain cleanliness of common areas
- Perform First Aid and complete Incident Reports as required
- Make daily announcements and speak in front of a group of 40 students informally
- Meet with other chaperones, formally or informally, about social activity plans
- Know where students are at all times and have ability to contact them at all times via cell phone
- Manage nightly quiet time (rotation between chaperones)
- Walk students to and from PI in the mornings (rotation between chaperones)
- Assist in preparation of final PowerPoints for closing ceremony
- Organize flight departure schedule
- Possess a Bachelor of Education or relevant education
- Possess a Standard and up to date First Aid Certificate
- Experience working with children
- Experience planning, implementing and carrying out social activities
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a rental vehicle
- Clean Criminal Abstract is required
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter ONLINE before March 6, 2015.
All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for helping us to spread the word about this exciting opportunity.
Educational Outreach Manager
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
31 Caroline St. N., Waterloo, ON, N2L 2Y5 Canada