The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. Our Reference tab includes: maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, a World Oceans map, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.
- http://show.mappingworlds.com//world/?lang=En Eeh
- Learn about the world by changing the familiar map. Select a subject from the top menu and watch the map resize. A countrys total area no longer represents land mass, but items relevant to the subject (i.e. persons, barrels, tonnes).
- SELECT a subject from the top menu and watch the countries on the map change their size. Instead of land mass, the size of each country will represent the data for that subject –both its share of the total and absolute value.
- Human Development Index (HDI): A composite index measuring average achievement in three basic dimensions of human development—a long and healthy life, knowledge and a decent standard of living. See Technical note 1 (http://hdr.undp.org/en) for details on how the HDI is calculated.
Compare countries’ statistics, learn about the Human Development Index and explore our changing world. A Developing World
- Canadian Geographic Kids! Play games, read animal facts, and much more with Canadian Geographic Kids.
- A developing world interactive world map.
- The Google Public Data Explorer makes large datasets easy to explore, visualize and communicate. As the charts and maps animate over time, the changes in the world become easier to understand. You don’t have to be a data expert to navigate between different views, make your own comparisons, and shar…
Population Pyramid of WORLD in 2010 populationpyramid.net This one’s slick for representing population pyramids: http://populationpyramid.net/
- World life expectancy has one of the largest global health and life expectancy databases in the world….
- This has it all: life expectancy, cause of death, population pyramids, etc..
Ideal for schools, libraries, and organizations, the CultureGrams Online Database includes our World, Kids, States, and Provinces editions, plus a worldwide photo gallery, unlimited printing rights, and much more. Material is presented in an engaging interface that users can access anytime, anywhere.
- You can do comparisons between countries…- Its pretty good!
- You might also explore Global Issues in Contect or one of the National Geographic pages smile emoticon
Gapminder is a non-profit venture promoting sustainable global development and achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals by increased use and understanding of statistics and other information about social, economic and environmental development at local, national and global levels. We are a modern “museum” that helps making the world understandable, using the Internet.
There is more to life than the cold numbers of GDP and economic statistics – This Index allows you to compare well-being across countries, based on 11 topics the OECD has identified as essential, in the areas of material living conditions and quality of life.
- Download executive summary
- Download the index data
- Learn more about the Better Life Initiative
The Census Bureau’s mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation’s people and economy. We honor privacy, protect confidentiality, share our expertise globally, and conduct our work openly.
- International Programs – Information Gateway – U.S. Census Bureau
World Countries is an offline information introduction app designed to improve your World Knowledge. It provides:
- More Than 250 Countries Information
- Geographic coordinates
- Reference Country Map
- Country Flag
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amzingdroid.content.worldcountries&hl=en
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/world-countries-all-in-one/id295705015?mt=8