Educators with the Waterloo Region District School Board are invited to apply to present during the third annual Collaborative Learning Carousel and Leading Change Symposium scheduled for May 1, 2015.
In 2013 and 2014, the WRDSB organized an event to raise awareness of
- improving practices,
- to reflect on and celebrate school- and system-wide efforts, and
- highlight the connections between improving practice and achievement of the BIPSA goals and components (i.e., Vision of Educator and Student, Values, Learning Cycle – Plan, Act, Assess, Reflect, Collaboration, System Expectations, etc.).
You are encouraged to view video clips from the 2014 Collaborative Learning Carousel and Leading Change Symposium
This year we are building on that experience so that WRDSB educators can once again share and celebrate many of the innovative efforts employed in our district.
The Collaborative Learning Carousel and Leading Change Symposium focuses on sharing evidence of learning, for both students and staff, from classrooms/schools that feature and include many of the following characteristics:
- examples of efforts to achieve the 2014-15 Board Improvement Plan for Student Achievement (BIPSA) goal of every student will improve the ability to communicate their thinking,
- promoting collaboration, as well as other contemporary, (21st century) cross-curricular skills reflected in the Vision of Student in the BIPSA,
- promoting student voice and choice, as well as other attributes reflected in the Vision of Educator in the BIPSA
- shifting instruction from teacher directed to student inquiry focused approaches,
- emphasizing cross-curricular integration, gradual release principles and improved instructional practice enabled through the use of technology.
The Carousel provides a forum for sharing and celebrating the work to improve learning and instruction across the WRDSB, including examples from a variety of schools as well as specific, system-facilitated digital learning projects.
Educators are encouraged to reflect on their learning during 2014-15 and to individually, or collaboratively, apply to share their learning experience as a presenter during the May 1, 2015 WRDSB Collaborative Learning Carousel and Leading Change Symposium.
Each carousel presentation will be about 15 minutes in duration and be followed by five minutes of questions and discussion.
Following March Break, all schools will receive details on registration procedures for the Collaborative Learning Carousel and Leading Change Symposium through System Memos.
Please contact Kenn Whytock, Consultant, Learning Services, ext. 4486 or Wendy Goulden, Co-ordinator, JK-6, ext. 4429 with any questions regarding this opportunity.
To apply as a Learning Carousel presenter, please complete the application form at http://goo.gl/forms/QUevVcuhE7 no later than Monday, March 30, 2015. Applicants will receive confirmation of participation and additional support materials by Monday, April 6, 2015.