2016 Fall LAUNCH Camp
Social Innovation: The Desire to “Do Good”
Saturdays October 15 – November 19 | 9am – 12noon | $150
- How can we solve problems while still taking care of people and the planet?
- Do businesses have to be profit-focused?
What is social innovation, anyway?
- This Fall, LAUNCH campers will explore how social innovation (an idea that works for the public
good) is changing the way in which we solve problems in the 21st century.
- Campers will develop public speaking, entrepreneurial, collaboration, reflection, creative and critical thinking skills.
- Hands-on activities, games, case-studies, competitions and discussions will allow participants to
better understand the role of social innovation in transforming the way in which we satisfy wants
and needs in 2016.
- The aim of this LAUNCH camp is to instill value and appreciation for the role of
social innovation as a driving force in human history.
WHAT IS LAUNCH?
LAUNCH is an accelerated, problem-based camp. The camp is limited to the first 15 qualified
campers who apply. Our campers:
- Are working more than three grade levels above his/her grade (documentation
- Are self-directed learners
- Have deep knowledge in several different topics
- Are able to consider a problem situation from many diverse perspectives
Apply at wlu.ca/launch by October 7, 2016
Financial assistance may be available.