What is it?
Hands-on nutritional field trip led by the in-store Registered Dietitian through the aisles of our local grocery store — fun activities and healthy snack included! (Approximately 60 minutes in length)
What do students learn about?
- The benefits of choosing healthy foods
- Guiding Stars® food navigation system
- Canada’s Food Guide and the importance of the four food groups
- Helpful nutritional skills
- Experiential learning is effective and fun
- Aligns with Ontario Health and Physical Education Curriculum
- Encourages activity in your local community
Who is eligible?
- Students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Groups of 5 – 30 students
- All non-school youth organizations (including camps, daycares, community and sports groups)
A second field trip option including a Cooking Class is also available for $10 + taxes per participant! Learn more and book online: FieldTripFactory.com or Call: 855.383.0900