CURRENT ENTRY DEADLINE: Extended to October 20th, 2016
- Students must be in school (public, private or home school) in the United States or Canada.
- Students can enter on their own or have a parent or teacher make their entry.
- All entries must be in English and be the original work of the student.
- Open to students in grades 4-12.
- You can write on any appropriate subject (No pro-violence, pro drugs, etc.)
- Essays should be between 100 and 250 words (words such as “a”, “an” or “the” are not counted). However, essays should not be over 300 words.
- Essays must be non-fiction (no short stories or essays written as if you are a historical figure).
- Do not double-space your entry.
- Be sure to use proper capitalization.
- If you attend a detention center or adolescent treatment facility, you can just put your last initial for your last name. In all other cases, please put your complete first and last name.