You can enter one or more of the five categories: Art, Writing, Photos, Video, and Music
From the Get to Know (Canada) website:
These are the official rules and regulations for the Get to Know Contest in Canada. (Please note that the Contest rules in the United States are different).
- Open to Canadian residents 19 and under
- Eligible entrants under the age of 18 must disclose the name and address of at least one adult representative who has agreed to assume contest responsibility for the under-age-18 entrant
- No purchase is necessary
- Entries must be received by no later than 11:59 PM PT on November 1, 2016.
- You may enter as many categories as you want!
Be sure to check out the Contest Categories Page to learn more about category specific prizes that you can also win!
3. Originality and plagiarism policy
All entries must be original, and must not be a copy of any existing work. Whether you intend to or not, claiming that someone else’s work is your own (“plagiarism”) is a serious violation of copyright law. Plagiarism and forgery can result in criminal sanctions, fines and civil damages. You must be very careful to make sure that your creation(s) is original and cannot be considered the work of others. Be creative! Get outdoors and experience nature and share your experience with us through art.
The best way to be sure your art is an original is to get outside! We strongly encourage all entrants to go outdoors and experience nature for themselves. Get outside and observe your wild neighbours in their natural environment; make sketches, have a photo/video shoot in the best possible setting, get wild inspiration for your poetry or music. This contest is all about having fun and spending creative time outdoors. So get out there and share your experience through art.
4. Entrant Agreement
By submitting an entry, the entrant (if over the age of majority in his/her home province) or the entrant’s adult representative (if entrant is under the age of majority):
- Certifies that the entry submitted is entirely original.
- Takes any and all legal responsibility for breaches of copyright caused by plagiarism.
- Grants Get to Know a license to reproduce the submitted work, in whole or in part, for any purpose, including research, on the internet, in print publications and/or in any other medium without compensation of any kind and to publish the entrant’s name, age, and home city/province in conjunction with the work.
- Authorizes persons accessing http://www.gettoknow.ca or any affiliated websites to view, download and print the work for personal and classroom educational purposes.
- If the entrant is under the age of majority, the adult representative assumes all liability for the entrant and indemnifies Get to Know and Rotary International in respect of all matters related to the entry.
5. Judging and Administration
For the art, writing and photography categories, 12 winning entries are chosen from the following age groups:
- Kindergarten to Grade 4
- Grades 5 to 7
- Grades 8 to 10
- Grades 11 to 12
12 Honourable mentions will be selected in the art category from the age groups above.
For the video and music categories, a total of 6 winning entries will be chosen per category.
For more information and to enter, visit the contest page.