3 Quick & Easy Ways to build Creative & Critical Thinking Skills with your whole class
- Divergent thinking questions
- Did you know fun facts
- Inspirational Quotes
Divergent thinking questions
These questions are open to interpretation and build creativity
- If all you know is fairy tales, explain the U.S. election.
- What is more intelligent, a fork or a spoon?
- Are you more like a valley or a mountain?
- What is heavier, ignorance or acceptance?
Collect interesting tidbits to build curiosity and expand horizons
- Did you know 11% of people are left handed
- Did you know Humans have had dogs as companions & workers for more than 14,000 years.
- Did you know unless food is mixed with saliva you can’t taste it
- Did you know the average person falls asleep in 7 minutes
Collect quotes that make you think and feel. It allows students to make connections to themselves and the world around them.
- “To attain knowledge, add things everyday. To attain wisdom, remove things every day.” Lao Tzu
- “Reason leads to conclusion. Emotion leads to action.“ Saatchi & Saatchi
- “If knowledge is not put into practice, it does not benefit one.” ― Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri
- “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.”
- “Stars can’t shine without darkness.”
Created by Melissa Reist.
Adapted by Tammy Gaudun