Ecosource is an Ontario-based environmental education non-profit serving youth, adults, and families. Our work began in Mississauga and has expanded throughout the Region of Peel and beyond. We are all about changing the world, right in our own backyard!
The Region of Peel’s Waste Reduction Workshops, delivered by Ecosource, for teachers and students in Mississauga
Elementary and Secondary School Workshops
Hands-on, curriculum linked lessons based on local and contemporary waste issues
The Region of Peel’s Waste Reduction Workshops, delivered by Ecosource, engage students in contemporary waste issues and foster critical thinking through hands-on learning. These curriculum-linked workshops from Ecosource are offered to individual classes (Kindergarten to Grade 12) within Mississauga. The program, led by qualified and knowledgeable Ecosource educators, aims to inspire change in waste reduction practices and study in each classroom by creating awareness amongst students, teachers, and administrators.
- Minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 workshops per day for elementary schools
- Minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 workshops per day for secondary schools
- Maximum of 30 students per workshop
- Student and classroom takeaways are provided to reinforce the concepts covered in each workshop
- Workshops from Ecosource are only available to Mississauga elementary and secondary schools
- Programs are inclusive of different learning styles and can be further accommodated based on student needs
Click below to view available workshops:
Get thinking critically about waste reduction and diversion!
- To learn more about School Waste Reduction Programs, please call us at 905-274-6222.
- You can also download the Program Poster or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: Elementary workshops are fully booked for the 2016/2017 school year.
For more information about Ecosource, please click here.