- What if you were asked by a conservation committee to think of 20 new uses for a new pinecone. Could you do it? Brainstorm by yourself or with a group at least 20 ideas!
- What if you were hired by the Holiday Decoration Company to create a table centrepiece. You were only allowed to use twigs and Styrofoam cups. Make or illustrate and describe your creation.
- You were on the school holiday dance committee. You were asked to create a new dance that all the students would be performing at the dance. Describe and perform your new never before danced dance! Don’t forget to name it and be ready to teach your class!
- You have been thinking about many different celebrations and holidays that you celebrate with your family! What is valued in all of those celebrations! Make a list, and then create your own celebration, name and describe it!
- You were hired by the Starry, Starry Night Astronomy Foundation to search for a new constellation. You found one. Draw the new constellation, name it, share where it is located in terms of other constellations and write a myth or story about why it is in the night sky.
- You were celebrating winter by taking selfies in many different winter scenes! You decided to upload them to your computer to find that you weren’t in any of the pictures! Write a story, entitled, “There is Something Strange Happening this Winter!”
- You were chosen by your class to make a gift for you teacher or school principal. What would you choose? Describe or make it and write a letter to go with it that would explain why you chose this gift.
- Winter celebrations are very important to many cultures. Make a holiday chart with as many winter celebrations as the class can think of, including how it is celebrated, the importance of the traditions, games, recipes, etc. Have the students write in their journals or have a discussion about why respect for each other’s beliefs is important.
Written by D. Wunder