Ecosource is an Ontario-based environmental education non-profit serving youth, adults, and families. Our work began in Mississauga and has expanded throughout the Region of Peel and beyond. We are all about changing the world, right in our own backyard!
The Region of Peel’s Waste Reduction Workshops, delivered by Ecosource, for teachers and students in Mississauga
Elementary and Secondary School Workshops
Hands-on, curriculum linked lessons based on local and contemporary waste issues
The Region of Peel’s Waste Reduction Workshops, delivered by Ecosource, engage students in contemporary waste issues and foster critical thinking through hands-on learning. These curriculum-linked workshops from Ecosource are offered to individual classes (Kindergarten to Grade 12) within Mississauga. The program, led by qualified and knowledgeable Ecosource educators, aims to inspire change in waste reduction practices and study in each classroom by creating awareness amongst students, teachers, and administrators.
- Minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 workshops per day for elementary schools
- Minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 workshops per day for secondary schools
- Maximum of 30 students per workshop
- Student and classroom takeaways are provided to reinforce the concepts covered in each workshop
- Workshops from Ecosource are only available to Mississauga elementary and secondary schools
- Programs are inclusive of different learning styles and can be further accommodated based on student needs
Click below to view available workshops:
…for secondary schools (Grade 9 to 12)
Get thinking critically about waste reduction and diversion!
- To learn more about School Waste Reduction Programs, please call us at 905-274-6222.
- You can also download the Program Poster or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: Elementary workshops are fully booked for the 2016/2017 school year.
For more information about Ecosource, please click here.
Looking for science games that match up with the curriculum? Try – over 220 interactive games, videos and activities
This Activity Book includes 23 exciting experiments & activities & accommodates different age groups and skill levels: http://Science.gc.ca
Check out ‘s free lesson plans
The Ministry is pleased to announce that Pixton Comics has been licensed for use by all publicly funded schools across the province. Similar to Bitstrips, Pixton is an online comic creation tool that serves as a digital storytelling tool for students.
- Students and teachers can make comic strips, storyboards, character maps, and more.
- Presets include 3000 backgrounds, 2000 props, 700 characters, 300 poses and expressions.
- Teachers can access a library of lesson plans and activity templates for all subject areas.†
Go to Pixton.com/on (English) or Pixton.com/on/fr (French) for an overview. To register, click “Try Pixton Now” and follow the onscreen instructions.
You can add your students by one of two methods:
- Input a list of usernames and passwords. The “auto-complete” function makes username and password generation quick and easy.
- Share your group-specific Activation Link with students. Students choose their own usernames and passwords.
Click the (?) button at the bottom right corner of Pixton to open the Help Centre.
† CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN THE ENGLISH VERSION ONLY.
* IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A PIXTON ACCOUNT THAT’S LINKED TO YOUR OFFICIAL EMAIL ADDRESS, SIMPLY LOG INTO IT AND YOU (AND ANY ACTIVE STUDENTS) WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ADDED TO THE ONTARIO LICENSE. IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY PAYING FOR PIXTON, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BEFORE YOU CAN JOIN THE ONTARIO LICENSE. INTEGRATION WITH D2L IS COMING SOON.
TVO’s mPower is a creative online game that teaches fundamental K-6 math skills while enabling students to have fun and learn more about the world around them.
Minds On 1. Go to tvo.org/mPower. Click on the Grades 3-6 Coming Soon button. Fill in the your information including your board/district email. You will need to authenticate your account via your district email address.
Full disclosure, I know the teacher responsible for the Primary Patch, Bryn, and she’s a wonderful teacher and educator. If you’re looking to supplement your classroom with some easy and creative ideas, this is a great place to go!
Here’s a small sample:
MY FEATURED ITEMS
Education Programs 2016-2017
Consider Guelph Civic Museum and McCrae House your community classroom, where history comes to life in inspiring and enriching ways. For school groups, our programs are designed to support the learning objectives of the Ontario curriculum at each level, and have been updated to align with inquiry-based learning practices. For community groups, our programs provide unique, engaging life-long learning opportunities.